If you are looking for a sweet treat that can be made in minutes, these laddus are just for you. These sweetened balls not only taste delicious but are nutritious too. The rava and the beaten rice is a healthier option than the deep fried sweets. So those planning their Sankranti menu, get creative with this recipe suggested by Nandita Shyam which is sure to delight your guests.
- Ghee- 1/4 cup
- Poha or beaten rice- 250gms
- Chopped cashewnuts- 3tbsp
- Raisins- 2tbsp
- Finely grated dry coconut- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Powdered cardamom powder- 3/4tsp
- Warm Milk- as required
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee and dry roast the beaten rice till golden brown in color. Take off the heat and let it cool completely. Grind the cooled beaten rice to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat another teaspoon of ghee and fry the chopped cashew nuts till light brown in color. Add the raisins and fry till they balloon up. Remove the fried nuts and raisins from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee and add the powdered beaten rice, dried coconut and sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the fried cashew nuts and raisins and the powdered cardamom.
- Sprinkle the warm milk all over the beaten rice mixture and mix well. Shape the mixture into ping pong sized balls while it is still warm.
- Store in air tight containers and consume within four to five days