Kumram Bheem Asifabad: A godown was gutted following a fire accident caused due to electrical short-circuit in Kaghaznagar town on Monday. No causalities were reported in the mishap.
Value of the damaged goods is assed to be Rs 70,000. It is the third incident in Kaghaznagar revenue division with the past 48 hours. Fire fighters of the town rushed to the spot and doused flames. They managed to put out blazes spreading to neighboring residences and thus averted major damage.
The godown belonged to owner of a pan shop of the similar town. A case was registered and investigations were taken up. Earlier, a residence was reduced to ashes following a fire accident caused due to electrical short-circuit at Kosini village in Kaghaznagar mandal on Sunday. None was present at the time of mishap. A total of 35 sheep, five tolas of gold, and 10 tolas of silver ornaments and cash Rs 10,000 were gutted. Cost of the destroyed property was put at Rs 9.80 lakh.