Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) has issued a notification for recruitment of 1857 Forest Beat Officer (FBO) posts in the Forest Department.
The education qualification required for the examination is intermediate or equivalent. The age qualification for the examination is 18 to 31 years of age (born between July 1, 1999 and July 2, 1986)
Scheme of Examination
Written Examination (Objective Type)
No. of Questions Duration ( Minutes) Maximum Marks
Paper I. General Knowledge 100 90 100
Paper II. General Mathematics 100 90 100
Paper I: The Syllabus for General Knowledge and books for reference for each area are given below:
1. Current affairs – The syllabus does not specify any specifications such as national or international. Therefore candidates must focus on national and state current affairs. Since the examination is scheduled in this month, current affairs from June 2017 to September 2017 must be focused on.
2. General Science in everyday life – SSC text books of Science subject from classes VI to X must be referred for this segment. Focus must be more on application based questions.
3. Environmental Issues and Disaster Management – Environmental issues is newly added to the syllabus. The segment can be broadly divided into two categories – concepts and environmental conventions. ICSE text books on environmental sciences from class VII to class X will give good details about the concepts in environment. NCERT text books of class VIII, IX and X can be referred for disaster management.
4. Geography and Economy of India and Telangana – For Indian Geography, a standard atlas like Blackswan Atlas and NCERT Text books from classes VII to X must be referred. The SSC Social Studies text books (from classes VI to X) and the 2016-17 Economic Survey report will be useful for Telangana geography and economy. Basics of Indian economy can be read from NCERT Class IX to XII textbooks.
5. Indian Constitution: Salient Features – This includes topics like – parts and schedules of the Constitution, Fundamental Rights, DPSP, Fundamental duties, Parliamentary form in India, Preamble, Indian Federal structure, Rigidity and Flexibility of the Constitution and so on. Any standard Indian Polity text book like Indian Polity by Laxmikanth can be referred. However candidates are advised to strictly refer those topics which are mentioned.
6. Indian Political System and Government – This includes – Office of President, Vice-President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers, Parliament, Indian Judiciary, Centre State relations and Constitutional and Non-Constitutional bodies.
7. Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement – NCERT old edition on modern Indian History must be referred for this segment.
8. History of Telangana and Telangana Movement – an overview of these two segments given in Telugu Academy text books must be referred.
9. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana – These topics are a part of Telangana history and can be found in Telugu Academy text books.
10. Policies of Telangana State – All policies launched by the Government of Telangana from June 2, 2014 must be covered. These policies are detailed in the socio-economic survey of Telangana.
11. Ethics, Sensitivity to Gender and weaker sections, social awareness – This area is newly added to the syllabus. This area includes – problems and issues related to women, BCs, SCs, STs and so on. A book on gender equality has been published by the Government of Telangana can be used for this segment.
Paper II titled General Mathematics of SSC standard has the following areas:
2. Elementary Number Theory
The above mentioned topics are given in detail in the SSC Mathematics Text books of classes VII to X. A thorough practice of these text books will be helpful for the examination.